Thank you Olaf for the kind reminder and my apologies to the entire team. I
am working on a system development and I am using the District Health and
Information System (*DHIS2*)which is a client-server based system
architecture that an organization can use to keep track of records,
activities and reports. To be able to implement the system on a server, I
was advised to use Tomcat as the servlet container alongside PostgreSQL
database system.

So after installing and extracting the Tomcat archive file, I needed to set
the required permissions on the files through the commands bellow

enosh@hp:~$ sudo chgrp -R tomcat /opt/tomcat
enosh@hp:~$ cd /opt/tomcat/
enosh@hp:/opt/tomcat$ sudo chmod -R g+r conf

The last command returns an error (chmod: cannot access 'conf': No such
file or directory) and it is where I am stuck. Please advise accordingly,
thank you.

Best,

*Enosh Nyarige*
Student | Computer Science |
African Leadership University <https://www.alueducation.com/>

2nd Floor | Kigali Heights
Kigali |  Rwanda
Phone | +250 736 133 041 / +254 702 139 994
Skype: Nyarige Enosh