Hi Enosh,

Am Dienstag, den 20.08.2019, 10:14 +0200 schrieb Enosh Mogire:
[SNIP]
> So after installing and extracting the Tomcat archive file, I needed to set
> the required permissions on the files through the commands bellow
>
> enosh@hp:~$ sudo chgrp -R tomcat /opt/tomcat
> enosh@hp:~$ cd /opt/tomcat/
> enosh@hp:/opt/tomcat$ sudo chmod -R g+r conf
>
> The last command returns an error (chmod: cannot access 'conf': No such
> file or directory) and it is where I am stuck. Please advise accordingly,
> thank you.

With the last command you wanted to change the access rights
of the folder that does not exist.
This is is more ,,Linux getting started''.

Try this ==>
man chmod

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards/ नमस्ते(Namaste)
Bernd Schatz

Bernd Schatz
Büro: +49 711 17 41463
Mobile: +49 151 5862 6591
FAX: +49 711 17 7904 1252
mailto:bernd.sch...@daimler.com
https://matter.i.daimler.com

If you are not the addressee, please inform us immediately that you have
received this e-mail by mistake, and delete it. We thank you for your support.