On 26/09/2019 22:30, Venkataraman Srinivasan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting below error while I am starting TOMCAT
>
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot store non-PrivateKeys

<snip/>

This looks like it is related to the work we have been doing to make it
easy to swap between JSSE and OpenSSL based Connectors. In the
background Tomcat creates an in-memory keystore for each certificate and
then provides the key / cert / chain in the the right format for the TLS
implementation.

We have already found a few "interesting" configuration combinations
that needed specific handling. This may be one - or it may be an invalid
configuration.

We need to be able to recreate this problem. With that in mind...

<snip/>

>         <Certificate
>               certificateFile="key_store/ssl_certificate.p7b"
>               certificateAlias="bla"
>               keystoreFile="/key_store/blabla.jks" type="RSA"
>               keystoreType="JKS"
>               keyChainFile="key_store/linux_apex_inter_x509.cer"
>               keystorePassword="<password" />

We need to exactly how each of the following files were created and/or
exactly what is in each file:

- ssl_certificate.p7b
- blabla.jks
- linux_apex_inter_x509.cer

It might be as simple as you need to import the p7b file into the
keystore and remove the certificateFile setting. But that is just a wild
guess without knowing what is in those files.

Mark