I’m just trying to understand, is there really a plausible solution here ?
Unless we have loadbalanced tomcat instances, can we truly ever stop such
behaviour (or more importantly, does it make sense to do so)?

For my use case, We do it in production almost every other day for
patching, but we do it on our 60 servers over a duration of 15-20 minutes
(and by rolling 1-by-1). That said, this may not be an acceptable
delay/solution for others. Also, if it happens to be a critical piece
(index.jsp or something more client-faces), you may not be able to wait
that long.

It’s be good to know what others think.

Regards,