On 25/3/20 8:09 am, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 3/24/20 17:54, Brian Burch wrote:

<snip/>

So I had the source all along, but never thought to look there!

Seems like another case where the documentation is misleading to
someone who isn't familiar with the current situation. (I'm used
to two other apache projects where all their web site and wiki
source is in one place, although updating it isn't trivial
either!)

Does that project maintain 4 separate simultaneous releases? :)

No, perhaps two, and not all the time!

I had also completely forgotten that tomcat provides its own local documentation web pages during installation. If I had remembered, and if I had fully appreciated that the pages were release-dependent, then I would have realised why the apache tomcat online source needs to be segmented.

By way of excuse, I've not needed to work seriously on tomcat for several years and at my age stuff just slips away with time!

Thanks for making this clear to me. I really appreciate the considerable patient help from my old-time acquaintances!

Few do but we could still update the source page to make it clearer that
the tomcat-X.Y-docs pages are copies of the documentation web app from
the most recent X.Y release.

Leave it to me. I'll work on a couple of changes and post some diffs to the dev list soon (days, not weeks, I hope). After that, I'll get back to the logging documentation changes.

Brian

Mark