I deleted my web\index.html file from my new app, copied over the
web\index.html file from my old app and then I rebuilt my new app and
installed it. Now my new app is working as expected ! Now I can proceed
with the work on my new app. I will look into this strange issue at a
future date. Thanks for your assistance.

--

Barry Kimelman
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada