On Fri, May 1, 2020, 13:32 Darryl Philip Baker <
darryl.ba...@northwestern.edu> wrote:

> Continuing the investigation:
>
> I have the two tomcat installation in /opt/tomcat.

I assume  /opt/tomcat  is the BASE subdirectory path, where two different
versions are installed under that named BASE. something like

/opt/tomcat/tomcat9020
/opt/tomcat/tomcat9034

Apache HTTPD references the worker file using a path that has a symbolic
> link that "latest" I can switch to point to either installation of tomcat.

The workers file is defined in httpd.conf as "JkWorkersFile
> /opt/tomcat/latest/conf/jk/workers.properties"

So "latest" eventually points to either "20" or "34"

Tomcat 9.0.20 works as expected. Tomcat 9.0.34 fails with just having the
> browser clocking and not returning.

Here you state, basically, there's no response at the browser, but
eventually it should, upon timeout.

However the above statement contradicts the "404" statement below.

I am trying to browse to one of the JKmount URLs in this case
> https://myserver.northwestern.edu/LmsSync/.

When I point the symbolic link to the 9.0.20 installation, it works fine.

When I point the symbolic link to the 9.0.34 installation, it I get a 404
> error.

This contradicts the above "no response" statement

Here's a test I always request a client to perform during troubleshooting :

"remove the redirector from the equation and test again" ...... any issue
now?    (ie, go to each Tomcat directly - works?   Yes? Then it's an issue
with the redirector config).