Hi Ragavendhiran,

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 3:55 PM Ragavendhiran Bhiman (rabhiman)
<rabhi...@cisco.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> I am seeing the memory leaks from tomcat apache in the following SSL path
> using PKCS11. Attached the flame graph of memory possible memory leaks in
> this area.
>
> Please check the attached flame graph of the memory trace. On simply a
> long run the memory keep on allocated in these back traces only causing the
> memory leak, and the polling of the async profiler for more than 6hours
> shows this clearly. Could you please help how to fix this problem?
>
> (open this svg graph in browser only)
>

> Note: If C_DestroyObject is not called because of finalizer accumulation
> is also tested by inducing the gc using the jmap command still could see
> the memory never gone down after the Full GC collection as well. Expecting
> your advice on the same.

With AsyncProfiler '-e alloc' you can see what part of the code is
responsible for making most of the memory allocations, but it doesn't tell
you whether those objects leak or not. AsyncProfiler helps you to identify
the top allocations and if you manage to reduce them then you will reduce
the GC runs and the time they take.
To debug memory leaks you need to take a heap dump, e.g. with 'jmap
-dump:live,format=b,file=heap.bin <PID>' and analyze it. I'd recommend you
to use Eclipse MAT to do that.

Also in your flame graph I see that Netty is responsible for 49.04% of
the allocated objects and Tomcat for just 25.32%.