Hello,

We have a server with Apache Tomcat/9.0.37 which is dedicated for less than 100
concurrent users. We are using the ARP Connector with the parameter
“maxThreads=400”.
 <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443"  maxThreads="400" />

We have the next behavior:
Tomcat does not process any new request with currentThreadCount = X and
currentThreadBusy = X, but with X=30 or 50. ConnectionCount is increasing.

A far as I understood, the number of threads should increase if
currentThreadBusy is increasing.
We prevent this behavior by setting minSpareThreads to 100.

  *   Is this behavior correct?
  *   How the Connector should be configured in order to increase the
currentThreadCount when currentThreadBusy is equal to currentThreadCount?

Best regards
Vicente Pérez