On 25/09/2020 18:07, Vicente Perez wrote:

<snip/>

> Thank you for the answer.
>
> Yes. It is  APR/Native Connector.

Are you sure? It isn't impossible that you are using the APR/Native
connector given your configuration but it would be unusual.

Look in the logs for a line that contains:
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ...

What is the full text of that line?

Also, what version of the Tomcat Native Connector are you using?
Look in the logs for a line that contains:

org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent Loaded
Apache Tomcat Native library [???] using APR version [???]

What is the full text of that line?

> Please let me know if you need more information about the
> configuration/environment.

I ran some simple tests with ab and I cannot repeat the problem you
describe.

As I increase the concurrency with ab, currentThreadCount increases.

I even reduced minSpareThreads to 0 and I still could not reproduce the
behaviour.

To investigate this further you'll need to provide the steps to
reproduce this from a clean install of the latest stable 9.0.x release
(9.0.38 as I type this) and the latest stable Tomcat Native (1.2.25).

Ideally the test case would involve nothing more than a clean Tomcat
install and ab to generate the load.

Mark