Raghu,

On 9/30/20 10:35, Mysore, Raghunath wrote:
> This plan about Tomcat security is very nice. We look forward to the
> meetings.
>
> Could we have a session related to " Best practices for using  Tomcat
> +  (Apache Web Server) Forward Proxy (FP) combo in a real production
> environment "  where an application hosted in Tomcat (web) container,
> targets a  destination system in the internet, through the FP ?
There are some presentations already on our "presentations" page that
might address some of your questions. Is there something specific that
is missing?

http://tomcat.apache.org/presentations.html

> The application communicates with the destination system on a TLS
> channel. The FP is placed in a perimeter zone.   The role of FP is to
> route the intranet traffic to the destination system in internet.

This sounds like a fairly specific use-case. Are you looking for help in
building such a system, or some suggestions for making sure that it's
secure, high-performance, etc.?

> Is there any generalized document that makes assessment (and
> recommendations) of a Tomcat plus a Forward Proxy combo, in a real
> word set up ?
No, but it would probably be an interesting subject for a presentation.
Maybe you could work with others in the community to develop such a
presentation and in fact present it at an upcoming conference!

-chris