Da: "Christopher Schultz" <ch...@christopherschultz.net>

A: users@tomcat.apache.org

Inviato: 28/10/2020 20:13

Oggetto: Re: Pausing all thread but one.

Tullio,

On 10/28/20 06:27, Tullio Bettinazzi wrote:

> I need to perform some maintenance operations pausing all user thread

> for a small but meaningfull time (say 30 secs).

Ugh. Why? What do you need to do that can't be handled with "proper"

synchronization?

> Is it possible to pause all user threads ?

Maybe. It's very dangerous, though.

https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.oracle.com%2Fjavase%2F8%2Fdocs%2Ftechnotes%2Fguides%2Fconcurrency%2FthreadPrimitiveDeprecation.html&e=af66902b&h=887af54c&f=y&p=n

> How ?

I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader at this point.

> Any suggestion ?

Yes: think if a better way to do what you are trying to do.

This sounds like an X-Y problem[1]. You are trying to do X and you have

decided that you need to do Y in order to accomplish X. So you are

asking about Y.

Why not just ask about X instead?

-chris

[1]
https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fxyproblem.info%2F&e=af66902b&h=9b6e4fa6&f=y&p=n

This message has been checked by Libraesva ESG and is found to be clean.

Follow this link to mark it as spam:

https://gw1.idrnet.it/action/B465842741.A19C7/learn-spam