On 17/05/2021 11:33, Hans Schou wrote:

The normalises to:
"https://example.org/am_databaseopen.jsp";

Yes, and that URL is working (I don't get a 404 page not found)

Assuming that
"https://example.org/interfaceparts/mainframenotlogged.jsp";
is located at
"$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/interfaceparts/mainframenotlogged.jsp"

Well the setup is not made with war-files and I don't know why. (I'm just here
to fix the problem)

The server has only one Tomcat instance running and it is serving several
virtual hosts.
In server.xml the setup is like:

<Host name="example.org" appBase="/mnt/fooapps/sptomcat/foopro">
   <Context debug="0" docBase="/mnt/fooapps/sptomcat/foopro" path="/"
reloadable="true"></Context>
</Host>

That is going to be messy. Any directory under "/mnt/fooapps/sptomcat/foopro" is going to get deployed as a separate web application.

It may be that changing appBase to "webapps" is enough to fix this. But maybe not.

Is it just the one web application that has been deployed?

It is not the way I normally do it. I prefer war-files in /webapps/.

I tend to agree although I'll note that deploying an expanded directory direct to webapps works just as well as dropping in a WAR.

The file mentioned before is here:
/mnt/fooapps/sptomcat/foopro/am_databaseopen.jsp​

And what is the path to "interfaceparts/mainframenotlogged.jsp"

When I got to the server another guy had tried with Tomcat 8.5, so now I have
tried with 8.0 as it has less security issues but it did not change anything.

8.0.x only has less security issues because we stopped checking security reports against the 8.0.x code base when it went EOL a little under 3 years ago. It is almost certainly the case the most, possibly all, of the security issues reported against 8.5.x since then apply to 8.0.x and I can guarantee that even if you are using the latest 8.0.x release you are exposed to publicly known security vulnerabilities. You should not be using 8.0.x. 8.5.x is the better choice.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /mainframenotlogged.jsp (line: [1], column:
[2]) JSP file [../am_databaseopen.jsp] not found

Going back to this, there are several places in the Tomcat code base where that error message is used. Can you provide the full stack trace please so we can figure out what is going wrong.

Mark