On Jul 17, 2006, at 2:43 PM, Mike Wannamaker wrote:

I thought maybe it was possible to add something to server.xml to get a component to startup. Perhaps I'd have it implement a Tomcat Interface but
I could do that and then have it only start once per Tomcat Instance.

Either way I need my jar in $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib. That is the one I put
it in right?  Not $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib?

If you want something to start before all the other webapps, my feeling is it would need to do *something* with the container itself, and thus would need to be in common/lib.

If you are willing to modify server.xml, then you can probably write an implementation of Host or Engine (whether or not it's a subclass of StandardHost or StandardEngine as I suggested before), and put its class name in server.xml, and that should do what you want. You might be able to do the same with a Valve: I'm not sure as I've never worked with Valves.

Either way, it should, indeed, just be a jar you drop into common/lib and an attribute you add/change in server.xml.

Timothy Collett

--

Error: No keyboard.
Press F1 to continue.