On Jul 17, 2006, at 4:06 PM, Martin Gainty wrote:

commons/lib is for CATALINA specific implementations as well as any jar'ed versions of new Jasper compiler(s)
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html

I was given the impression that it was more generally the place to put anything that is required by the container itself, as well as the webapps.

Can you provide a quick overview of the desired outcome for this effort

The desired outcome is to have something that can start up as soon as Tomcat is started, rather than on the first client request, and not be attached to any particular webapp. At least, that's how I see it.

But, as I've said before, I'm relatively new at this, and am willing to be contradicted, as long as I'm also educated ;-)

Timothy Collett

--

Stay the patient course
Of little worth is your ire