James,

On 6/19/21 11:31, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
We are finally migrating customer installations from 7 to 8.5.

Would anybody happen to know, off the top of his or her head, what the most recent security-related update to 8.5 is?

I know that 68 is the most recent release, but what's the most recent one that addresses a significant security issue?

I think it depends upon your environment, honestly. There were many organizations where the "AJP endpoint is trusting, because that's what it's for" announcement was a real surprise and represented a must-fix issue immediately. That was not the case for my $work, where we were already protecting our AJP connections and not allowing just anyone to connect.

If you are using h2c, you'll definitely want to 8.5.63 or later, as there is a critical fix there.

Also, while I'm here, can somebody point me to an example of how to code the Manager's RemoteAddrValve setting to allow access from, say, two or three arbitrary IP addresses?

Take a look at the example configuration that ships with the Manager. It already includes 2 specific IPs and one range. It's a regular expression. If you aren't too good with those, find someone who is or give a specific example and someone here can probably help.

-chris