On 7/1/2021 6:10 PM, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
On 7/1/21 4:55 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
In that case, you don't need h2c, and probably don't want it.

That makes sense, so far, but how is it even enabled? Is there some way
I could have h2c enabled, with the situation I described (no HTTP at all, not even as a redirect), and not *know* I have it enabled?

I am a lurker on this list. Although I used Tomcat quite a bit in a past job, it's not something I configure these days. All my past Tomcat experience was before HTTP/2 became widespread, so I have no idea how to configure it.

Google has a number of hits that look useful if you search for "tomcat http/2". I don't imagine it's difficult to do.

I do know that for full http/2 functionality it's best if you have a Java version newer than Java 8. Java 11 is probably a good choice. Note that if you use Oracle Java, they have changed their licensing, and most people actually are required to pay to use it.

Thanks,
Shawn