Hi Cris and Mark,

We have about 1500 instances of tomcat (750 load-balanced virtual services
across 20 physical servers). We currently manage the environment with scripts.
Due to the simplicity and consistency of our internal deployment standards, it
works well and is pretty easy to manage on an instance-by-instance basis, but a
web console where we can see the environment as a whole, or filter on portions
of it, would be amazing!

> It sounds like different support groups connect to their own instances, if I
> understand correctly.

Same software vendor, different technicians. When they call, they are seeking
to support an individual customer. We give them an interface through which they
see a sandboxed representation of that customer's deployment. The servers
themselves are multi-tenanted, but when the support techs connect, it looks to
them like a single instance. Each customer is running the same canned webapp,
but possibly different versions of it, with different memory configurations,
and requiring different versions of tomcat and the JVM.

> Mark> if there are changes we could make to Tomcat that would it easier
> Mark> to run and manage that many instances do let us know.
> Mark> We'd be happy to consider them.
>
> Mark, did you already have something in mind?  Like a TC Manager-manager?
> Some sort of dashboard that is able to perform TC Manager ops against all
> the instances?
>
> --
> Cris Berneburg
> CACI Senior Software Engineer
>

> ________________________________
>
> This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
> subsidiary companies, which may be company sensitive, proprietary,
> privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is
> intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above. If you are not
> an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
> distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you
> have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
> immediately.

Disclaimer : This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for intended recipients. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not
represent those of Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physician
Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are
present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or
damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.