On 23/07/2021 18:53, Berneburg, Cris J. - US wrote:
Thanks Mark!

cb> 1. compressionMinSize - What are the units, bytes?
Markt> Yes.

cb> 2. compressibleMimeType - If you specify a type explicitly, [...]  Are [the
defaults]
cb> over-ridden, so they need to be specified explicitly too?  Or is it
cumulative?
Markt> Default is over-ridden.

OK, that worked when connecting directly to TC:

HTTP/1.1 200
vary: accept-encoding
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:37:48 GMT
Keep-Alive: timeout=20
Connection: keep-alive

Weird, when going thru IIS to TC, it's not compressed:

IIS will be using AJP to talk to Tomcat which doesn't support compression. You may be able to get IIS to compress the files.

Mark

HTTP/1.1 200 200
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:34:30 GMT

cb> P.S.: If a documentation update is recommended, I would be happy to
cb> make the changes, but I would probably need guidance for that too.  ;-)

Markt> Source file is here:
Markt> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/main/webapps/docs/config/http.xml

Markt> A pull request is fine. If you prefer to provide a patch, use "diff -u"
Markt> format, create a BZ issue and attach the patch.

I'll have a look at it later.  Also, I'm quite a newbie with git.

--
Cris Berneburg
CACI Senior Software Engineer

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be company sensitive, proprietary, privileged
or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be used
solely by the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient,
be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.