From: Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 12:23 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: Debug apache-tomcat-8.5.59 open sockets on Linux 8

Attention! - This email has originated from an External Source outside of
eClinicalWorks. Always use caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or
when responding to this email. If you feel this is a phishing scam, please use
the Phish Alert Report button in Outlook.

Yeggy,

On 8/31/21 11:59, Yeggy Javadi wrote:
> I am trying to troubleshoot a 'too many open files' issue. In our web
> application there are connections to Postgres database and I see the
> number of open sockets keep increasing.
Try using 'lsof' on the process to see what those open files are pointing to.
Are you sure you are running out of files with many database connections, or is
it just a suspicion?

You can probably also ask the database how many connections are open.

-chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: This transmission contains confidential
information belonging to the sender that is legally privileged and proprietary
and may be subject to protection under the law, including the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or
otherwise using or disclosing its contents. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently
delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving
them. Thank you.