On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 2:39 AM Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH)
<thomas.hoffm...@speed4trade.com.invalid> wrote:
> Would it be better to also catch IllegalStateException and instead of
> checking left == 0 to change it to left <= 0 ?

I would argue that this is a bug in JGSS. JGSS has been a comedy of
errors over the years. I thought it had mostly stabilized over the
last 5-10 years but this is a good example of the sort of bad behavior
from that lib. Throwing an IllegalStateException there is a bad API
choice. I have to wonder if that was not the designers intention. The
getRemainingLifetime API documentation does not say anything about it
throwing an IllegalStateException when your cred expires. You might
want to try the latest JRE if you're using something old. Or maybe
there's something screwy about the cred and it's tripping up an
unexpected code path. I assume you mean Kerberos and not LDAP BTW.

But I think the only real short term solution for now would be to
catch the IllegalStateException and just set left = 0.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
Java Active Directory Integration