On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 2:59 PM Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH)
<thomas.hoffm...@speed4trade.com.invalid> wrote:

> Short Addendum:
>
> The "destroyed" flag gets set, when the dispose-method of the
> GSSCredentialImpl was invoked.
> Currently, I have no clue when and how it happens, but I have seen this
> problem every few months.
> So it is only occurring sometimes. Maybe if the Kerberos ticket expires and
> the http session is still alive (?)
>
> Nevertheless, the application should be able to recover from this situation
> and handles it like "not authenticated".

So as suspected it may actually be an invalid credential that maybe
Tomcat had a hand in. If Tomcat disposed the credential and then
subsequently tried to use it for any reason, that would be "invalid".
So that might warrant investigation before submitting a bug report.

But I would still argue that a JGSS implementation should not throw
exceptions that are not defined by the API and currently only
GSSException is defined.

Correction: This is not a bug in the JGSS API, it is (almost
certainly) a bug in the *Oracle / Sun implementation* of JGSS.

Mike