On 28.12.21 00:36, Chew Kok Hoor wrote:

    We're using the old javax.servlet namespace for compatibility reasons.

     Some of our jar files are re-used by different web-apps, therefore we
placed them in the common classloader.

     Is it possible to convert them dynamically, just like how we do it for
servlets in the per app WEB-INF folder, by using the following in the
context file:

<Loader jakartaConverter="TOMCAT" />

I have a similar situation. I run two sites on different servers. Today
I upgraded to TC 9.0.56 on both without incident. (I do the upgrades
manually from the tar.gz files).

However, in keeping up with where things are going, I also run a
development copy of the latest 10 (currently 10.0.14). Initially I ran
the offline converter, but as my main applications are still running in
production under 9.0.x, I don't really want to convert them from
javax.servlet to jakarta.servlet just yet.

My overall deployments are quite simple. I don't modify much on a stock
download of tomcat - just server.xml (to add HTTPS support for my certs)
and web.xml (to force HTTPS). Maybe 10 lines different in both files.

My libraries for the applications are now stored in webapps rather than
the common library area, but ALL my stuff still run javax.servlet.

I found that by adding the single line "  <Loader
jakartaConverter="TOMCAT" />" after the <Context> in the main
conf/context.xml file, everything auto-converts and runs perfectly.

Frankly, for my purposes, this has to be the simplest solution.

Cheers,

-R

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is
addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action
relying on it. Any communications received in error, or subsequent reply,
should be deleted or destroyed.
---