On 28 Nov 2023, at 18:42, Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
wrote:

> In your debugger, when you break-on-exception, what happens if you allow the
> exception to propagate up to the first exception-handler? Does Tomcat swallow
> the exception? Or it it caught elsewhere?

The exception eventually ends up inside ErrorReportValve, but I’m debugging a
remote box and don’t have any of the source code tied up - will do further
digging.

> When you say you have an "unmarshalling problem"... do you mean in your own
> application? Or something in Tomcat? (I can't think of anything in Tomcat
> we'd call "unmarshalling", but I figure I'd ask.)

I’m in dependency hell - java8 to java17, JAXB as used by Jersey2 broke. No
idea why, but an internal Oracle implementation is hardcoded somewhere.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.xml.jaxp.JXSAXParserFactory

Regards,
Graham
—