I don't know about any docker-related differences, but....

I think that if you put a context config file under Catalina/localhost you
need to name the .xml file the same as your .war file.  So if you have
foo.war, then you'd have Catalina/localhost/foo.xml

You can also put a file named context.xml into the .war file itself, under
META-INF directory.

David

On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 7:35 AM firstName lastName <nouser3333...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am trying to setup JNDI for tomcat with a java webapp. I am using the
> official tomcat docker image (version 10.1.24-jdk21-temurin-jammy).
> However, I'm a bit confused about where to put the context.xml file. I
> tried putting it in /usr/local/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/context.xml
> but tomcat refuses to start with the error "The main resource set specified
> [/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/context] is not a directory or war file, or is
> not readable'. I put my war file in /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT.war
>
> Are these paths correct or should I have put the context.xml or war file in
> a different directory? My hosting provider does not want me to edit the
> server.xml file (I have found google articles suggesting defining the JNDI
> <Resource> tag in the server.xml and then using a <ResourceLink> in the
> context.xml, but my hosting provider wants me to define the <Resource> tag
> in the context.xml file instead of the server.xml file).
>
> Thanks for your help!

of public
business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be
disclosed to third parties.