We are using Apache Tomcat 8.5.49 and sometimes in a day, we see the
application is going unresponsive though the service is up and running and
giving 503 (service unavailable error). When netstat for the port is run,
we see many CLOSE_WAIT connections. Once we restart the service, the
application is coming back and sometimes this comes back on its own.

We have not made any changes to Tomcat in recent times and it was working
fine until the start of this year. After that, it was once a month and now
every alternate day, we are seeing this. We're using 16GB RAM Web Server (2
servers) and can see 1k-1.5k users connected to the application in a day.

Requesting your support here.

--
Stephen