On 7/11/24 13:13, Joel Griffith wrote:
A year and a half ago I had to stop updating Tomcat because a Ubuntu packaging bug force-changes file ownership of the Tomcat installation. I'm trying to get in touch with the package maintainers to have that fixed. `apt-cache show tomcat`
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender
You have not previously corresponded with this sender.
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
A year and a half ago I had to stop updating Tomcat because a Ubuntu
packaging bug force-changes file ownership of the Tomcat installation.  I'm
trying to get in touch with the package maintainers to have that fixed.

`apt-cache show tomcat` givesubuntu-devel-disc...@lists.ubuntu.com  as the
maintainers' mailing list.  I tried emailing it, but my posting was blocked
"pending moderator review" since I'm not a member of that list.  That was a
year and a half ago, and I've heard nothing.

I posted a bug under the Tomcat package on Ubuntu's Launchpad bug tracker,
but that has sat similarly ignored for the past year and a half.

Can anyone on this list help me get in touch with the Ubuntu package
maintainers for Tomcat?  Surely there's someone who can get me a degree or
two closer to them.

Thanks,
Joel

Not the answer you are looking for, but from experience of using tomcat on Ubuntu. We never bothered with installer package of Ubuntu as we found it often conflicted other settings. Our preferred way is to download tar.gz files for both JRE and tomcat and just expand it in /usr/share directory and adjust path.

Never gave us any trouble.

Regards,

Niranjan