A dialup modem usually works well for this!

Michael Partheil wrote:

Hi!

I'm looking for a way to locally simulate a slow network connection with Apache Tomcat 5.5.9 running on Mac OS X 10.4.6 and Java 1.4.2. I need this to test how my web application works for users with slow internet connections. Macromedia Flash has a feature like this wich is called "Bandwidth Profiler" there.

Is there a way to configue Apache like this or are there any tools wich do the job?

Thanks in advance!
Michael