Thank you so much for the reply but it did not work.  Tomcat would not
even start up it threw a bunch of exceptions like the one at the bottom
of this reply:
I wish they would make the servlet-api and jsp-api generic so you could
swap them between servlet-containers.  It just can not seem to
understand why it is so hard to get a Java servlet container to
communicate with an Enterprise Java Bean, it seems like they should work
together seamlessly.
Ones again, thank you for the reply, at this point I am willing to try
most anything to get this too work so any suggestions would be most
appreciated.  Right now it looks like I am either going to have to scrap
Tomcat or rewrite my EJB's to commnicate through a SOAP or REST
interface unless anyone has anymore ideas.

Jon

SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.j
ava:252)
        at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:200)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1273)

        at
org.apache.catalina.util.CatalinaDigester.startElement(CatalinaDigest
er.java:70)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startEle
ment(AbstractSAXParser.java:533)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.
emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:220)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImp
l.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:872)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImp
l$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java
:1693)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImp
l.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(X
ML11Configuration.java:834)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(X
ML11Configuration.java:764)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.
java:148)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Ab
stractSAXParser.java:1242)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:472)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:509)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:266)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:431)
Jul 28, 2006 6:27:27 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load