Hi there.

I have the following problem in my web application.
I am using the url rewriting method for session maintenance, but when a
timeout occurs in my web application, tomcat sets a cookie named
jsessionid (used for session tracking purposes) with a new session id
value before redirecting the user to the login page. This jsessionid
cookie value does not match the previous session id, it is a new one,
and is also different from the new one created in the (re)login
process.

Why does this happen? Does tomcat always create a jsessionid cookie
when a timeout occurs? And if this is a tomcat issue, how do I disallow
this (if it is possible, anyway)?

Regards,
Luís Amorim