From: Lou Caudell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: HTTP Status 404 - /jsp-examples/

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Can't get the jsp-example to run, getting 404 error.
>
> I have installed tomcat 5.0.28 under AIX 5.3 and Java SDK 1.4.2. The
> service is running under the same account that I used to install. I
> have setup the following environment variables:
>
>       CATALINA_HOME
>       CATALINA_BASE
>       JAVA_HOME
>
> I have added following to the path:
> /usr/java14/jre/bin:/usr/java14/bin
>
> The default page index.jsp from the webapps folder comes up okay and I

> can perform most of the admin functions however the jsp-examples and
> servelet examples return 404 error.
>
> I have installed tomcat multiple times yet no luck.  Google has not
> been of any help. In the bugs database, only reference I found was to
> check on the tomcat users list.
>
> Seems like tomcat is missing the context path for jsp-examples, where
> would I check that? Shouldn't that be alreday defined in the default
> configuration files.
>
> Please advise, I am really frustrated.  Thanks!
>

> Email Firewall made the following annotations
> -- NOTICE ---

confidential, privileged or proprietary information. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original and any copy or printout. Unintended recipients are
prohibited from making any other use of this e-mail. Although we have
taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this
e-mail, we accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from the
use of this e-mail or attachments, or for any delay or errors or
omissions in the contents which result from e-mail transmission.

You didn't show an example of the url being called, so I must ask if you
included the port on which tomcat is running in your call.
  ie.... http://<host>:8080/jsp-examples/<some.jsp>

8080 is the default, but it can be changed in the server.xml file.
- Lou Caudell
(Notice: This party reserves all rights)