I'm trying to set up Tomcat 5.5 to run an internally developed web application. The machine on which Tomcat is installed will only ever run this one application. I would like to install the application in such a way that when a URL such as:

http://localhost:8080/

is entered, the user will be running my web application. Right now the 'default' application brings me to the Tomcat page which has items on it which allow me to manage the server. I would like this application to be located somewhere other than as the root application. Also, I realize that I could rename my .war file to be ROOT.war and it would likely expand into ROOT and become the default application, but I want the application to be stored in appname.war.

I've been running this application with Resin and in Resin I can configure the root application in the resin.conf configuration file. I've looked at the various Tomcat configuration files and I can't figure out how, where or if there is a way to do this. Any tips on how I might go about doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
James Howe