Van: Sharma, Siddharth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Verzonden: maandag 31 juli 2006 23:06
Aan: Tomcat Users List
Onderwerp: clustering problem

Hi

We have a 4 machine configuration.
Each machine has:
1. 3 Tomcat instances (so total 12 instances) 2. 1 Apache with mod_jk (so
total 4 Apaches)

The Apaches/mod_jks are fronted by a hardware load balancer.
Each mod_jk load balances across all 12 tomcats.
In other words, you could hit any one of the four Apaches/mod_jks and get
load balanced to any one of the 12 tomcats. Once you hit one tomcat, you are
sticky to it.
All this works, but I am wondering if there is a way to do tomcat instance
targeting.
In other words, indicate to mod_jk that the request should be sent to a
specific tomcat instance.
This is useful to check if each instance is up and accepting.
I am not worried about DoS since a proxy sits between the client and the
Apaches that maintains the jsessionid cookie for the client and does not
accept it from the client.

Any ideas?
Thanks
-Sidd