Hi,

Here are few steps of achieving it (just tested, and it works):
1. use FileOutputStream or any output streaming object to write a image file
   into the directory
  in Windows, the path string should look like:
"c:\apache_home\httpdocs\images\1.jpg"
  in unix/linux, the path should look like $APACHE_HOME\httpdocs\images\1.jpg"
  (assume, you had defined APACHE_HOME, make sure the images folder
is read/write
  only for the user/group that runs tomcat
2. Make sure apache is on ...
3. in your jsp: use
  e.g. <a href="http://yourdomain/images/1.jpg";>click to view</a>

Wish it helps