Hello

We are using the "new" Busyness method with 1.2.18
We have also using 'sticky sessions'.

Clarification on
"> As soon as there will be real load, behaviour will differ."

We have 9 nodes on 3 identitical servers with identical settings, lb
factor equal on all nodes, but we see one node which had got a large MAX
value (due to a large Busy number at some point), and one node that is not
getting hardly any requests.

Why such deviations please with "Busyness" ?
Is it or could it be due to using 'sticky sessions' ?

> mod_jk neither supports round-robin, nor random load-balancing.
>
> Currently you can choose between three algorithms:
>
> method=B (busyness): choose the worker with the lowwest number of
> requests currently in processing.
>
> method=R (requests): choose the worker that did the lowest number of
> requests until now
>
> method=T (traffic): choose the worker that received+sent the lowwest
> number of bytes until now
>
> In case you use "busyness", you might observe behaviour that's very
> close to round-robin during times of very low load. If load is very low,
> most of the time all workers will have no request in processing. So the
> busyness counter will always be equal to zero. Then mod_jk will pick on
> worker after the other, similar to round-robin.
>
> As soon as there will be real load, behaviour will differ.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer
>
> Sharma, Siddharth wrote:
>> Is it possible to change mod_jk's load-balacing algorithm to random
>> (from
>> round robin)?
>> If yes, how?
>>
>> TIA