David Kerber wrote:
> Pid wrote:
>
>> here's another obvious question:
>>
>> if you're in a servlet, and you're getting an & separated string from
>> somewhere, where is the "somewhere" that you're getting it from?
>>
>> does the servlet activate and collection the data somehow, or does the
>> data get sent to the servlet (in, for example the query string)?
>>

> The data is sent via an HTTP POST request, with the query string lightly
> encrypted.

if it's sent to the servlet using a POST, is there anything wrong with
using the hreq.getParameterNames() & hreq.getParameter("param_name")
methods?

Why encrypt the query string when you could just use an SSL connection
and encrypt the pipe? (Ignore this Q if you don't have control of the
other end).