hi  pompiuses    <

if you don't use  vi , instead of  using  tail -f ...

On 8/24/06, pompiuses <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Found a solution:
I had installed Tomcat through the Ubuntu Synaptic Package manager. It
would
seem this was not a healthy install, because I just uninstalled it and
installed Tomcat 5.5 manually and everything worked perfectly. What the
problem was I never figured out since the install was scattered all over
the
hard drive.

The only thing that bothers me now is that if I open up /var/log/ne/ne.log
in a text editor, say vi, and edit it, log4j will stop logging to the
file.
I have to restart the webapp to make it start logging again. Anyone know
what might cause that?