ok, thanks. I'll give that a shot in Tomcat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Farrow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 4:01 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: javamail + tomcat

I am sure you can use a Mail session in Tomcat and set it up the same way,
but I am calling javamail directly.

if I am sending to gmail.com.  I would use this code..

      Properties props = new Properties();
      props.put("mail.smtp.host","gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com");
      props.put("mail.smtp.localhost", "localhost");
      Session s = Session.getInstance(props,null);
      s.setDebug(true);
      MimeMessage message = new MimeMessage(s);
      message.setSubject(getSubject());
      message.setFrom(InternetAddress.parse("[EMAIL PROTECTED]")[0]);
      message.setRecipient(Message.RecipientType.TO,"[EMAIL PROTECTED]");
      message.setText("this is a test message");
      Transport.send(message);