I am new to JSP but this issue has nothing to do with tomcat as I have gone through this with apache. The browser keeps a version of the applet. I think you have to clear the java cache to fix this. However a work around, was to put the date and time after the javaclass. for example: <applet code="MyClass.class" archive="myJar.jar?v=theDate">

I am not sure how to automate this in JSP, but that's what I did in PHP, and it works great.

<applet code="MyClass.class" archive="MyClass.class?v=<?php print date('U') ?>" width=xx height=xx>

This will force the browser to obtain the latest version of the code every time. Maybe you can find out how to do the same in JSP.

I hope this helps.

Jose Roberto Torres wrote:

Good day every one.
I am using the following:
*Linux Suse 10.1.
*Tomcat 5.0.28
*JDK 1.5
*MySql database

I am having problems making tomcat show the correct version of my application. I am working with an applet that uses servlets to connect to a MySql database. From the beginning I had no problems with it, but two days ago the tomcat started to display an older version of the applet. I am calling the applet like this "192.168.1.80/prime/servlets" to test it and now is showing the correct applet only in the application server, if i try to access the applet from another computer in the LAN it shows a muuuuchh older version of the applet, I have tried erasing my web browser cache, clearing the java classloader cache (Thank you Antonio Petrelli) and i have erased all the .class files and re-builded them to see if something changed.

I don´t know if Tomcat makes a copy of this files or if there is a way to refresh the applets tomcat shows.

If there is anything else I am missing to make my problem clearer please let me know.

Jose Roberto Torres Sanchez