From: Lee Chalupa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 10:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: need help with .startup.sh

Well I think something else is going on here that has to do with how the
server is setup or maybe this userid.

Here is what I found out.
Nothing in catalina.sh has been changed. The content of the file is how you
describe it.
I know I haven't edited anything except the setenv.sh file as directed.

I added the bang line and the xtrace line to the setenvh.sh file.
The ./startup.sh command now reports errors with xtrace command along with
the others it was already complaining about.
For fun, I tried to run the setenv.sh file alone via the bash command, it
doesn't like the xtrace command. (ex: bash setenv.sh).
I double checked syntax, capitalization etc.
I know that's not how we will use the file but I wanted to see if it would
recognize the command. It doesn't.

I checked. The userId I'm signed on as, is setup to use bash.

I think I have some kind of env. problem. I starting looking for such.

I noticed that when I sign on under ANY userId via ssh, I get an error
message immediately after signon.
' : not a valid identifier
This error prints twice on separate lines.
I remember this has persisted for months. I ignored it since everything
seemed to be working ok.
It's nothing we did lately.
I'm guessing if I can correct this, my shell scripts will start working.
Any idea where to start?
I've got my linux books out so point me in a direction please.

lee

Richard Mixon wrote ..