Jim Weir wrote:
From: Pid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tom wrote:

> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> David Smith wrote:

You should really consider learning how to quote :)

If I am following this thread correctly it seems that with Apache 2.2.3 the better(suggested?) way to connect to Tomcat is to use mod_proxy_ajp, which is compiled into Apache by default.

Yes. There are some advanced load balancing things present
in mod_jk only, but we are porting them to mod_proxy_balancer.

Is that the case? Is this the technical direction the AJP connector will be taking?

Yes, mod_jk will continue to support pre 2.2 apaches and
other servers like IIS depending on their relevance.
For Apache 2.2+ (like said) use mod_proxy_*.

Of course, we'll continue to have mod_jk buildable on
apache 2.2+ (if you need 2.2+ and wish to keep your
old configs).

Regards,
Mladen.