If I put Apache in front of Tomcat, can I run Tomcat on port 8080, yet have
Apache serve the content on port 80?

My production web server is currently running standalone Tomcat on Linux. I
chose to use jsvc to serve the content on port 80.
For the most part, jsvc works, but it has a few problems. Occasionally Tomcat
won't stop when I shut it down. (I have to resort to killing the process by
hand.) It doesn't happen often...but often enough to bug me.
Also, using jsvc makes it so that I can't deploy web apps via ant. Can't figure
out my way around that.

So, is Apache in front of Tomcat my solution? (I'd like to get rid of jsvc and
also be able to deploy via ant.)

If the "right answer for me" is to use both Tomcat and Apache, do I need to
reconfigure my SSL certificates with Apache, or can I leave them with Tomcat?