Hi

> Tomcat is started using the startup.sh script provided and it runs using
> a specific tomcat account which has admin type rights.
> I am beginning to wonder what sort of problem this may be, as I must
> emphasise that:
> The runtime.exec() DOES work sometimes, and not others. There does not
> seem to be a pattern to when it works.
> Literally, I can click on the link and it will work, then click back and
> click on the link again, and it won't work!

Have you tried to run startup.sh from a root shell ? does it work ?
Have you check that catalina.sh is executable ?
Have you tried to run catalina.sh from a root shell ? does it work ?

Have you check that you linux partition is *not* mounted with the -noexec flag ?

Regards,
William

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net