---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sep 14, 2006 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: Three hostnames in one instance of tomcat
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

In the ${tomcat_instance}/conf/server.xml files just change the single
host entry to have your host.

If you leave appBase as "webapps", then you can place any default
content in the ROOT directory of the webapps directory. (IE:
/web/sites/access/webapps/ROOT - your WEB-INF dir should be here as
well). Any separate applications can go as other directories under
that instances webapps (IE: /web/sites/access/webapps/myotherapp).

If you change your appBase to point directly to the directories you
gave earlier "/web/sites/access/", then you should have a context in
your server.xml for that instance that has the path="" and
docBase="/web/sites/access/". Then having the WEB-INF directly in that
directory is fine. All other webapps in this case should go directly
under "/web/sites/access/" like "/web/sites/access/myotherapp".

Please anyone correct me if I'm incorrect.

I'm not sure about this, but I think you need to pass -Dcatalina.base
when you do a shutdown as well.

Eric

Hi,
I am interested in running three instances of tomcat with one
installation.
I have my host ip 5.80, virtual IPs access 5.120, ihl 5.130, ulc 5,140
/web/sites/access/WEB-INF
/web/sites/ihl/WEB-INF
/web/sites/ulc/WEB-INF

to run three instances I will need to
/startup.sh -Dcatalina.base=/web/sites/access/
/startup.sh -Dcatalina.base=/web/sites/ihl/
/startup.sh -Dcatalina.base=/web/sites/ulc/
which each has its own conf,logs,shared,webapps ? , work,temp, + WEB-INF
or webapps/WEB-INF

Am I on the right track, (newbie, I will need detail info How To do this, I am
sure something will go wrong)
Thanks

This mail sent through IMP: www.resolution.com

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.