So let's see if I read your message correctly:

You want to upload a file from Machine A to Machine B. Machine A has several IP addresses and you aren't sure which one Tomcat will use to attempt contact with Machine B.

I think from the receiving end, you can use request.getRemoteAddr() to know where a request came from. On the sending end, I don't think there is much you can do to control which IP is the source.

--David

Ping Yu wrote:

Hi,
I have a question that I would like ask help or suggestions from people in this maillist. I would like to transfer a file from Machine A to Machine B. In Machine A, there are several IP addresses. However, the IP address launched by Tomcat might be different from the IP address I choose to transfer the file. Are there any ways that I can get to know which IP address that Tomcat starts with in a single machine? Are there any APIs or classes for this? Then I can use the IP address started by Tomcat to transfer my file. Thank you very much! Ping