Thanks for the immediate reply..
But I tried that .. it is loggin only Tomcat server specific messages
and not the application messages.

This is what I gave in my server.xml file

<Logger classname="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
path="D:\applog.log" verbosity="INFORMATION" />

But only the INFO: messages from the server is coming in the file.

Regards,
Shiby

             "Caldarale,
             Charles R"
             <Chuck.Caldaral                                       To
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]>           "Tomcat Users List"
                                     <users@tomcat.apache.org>
             09/21/2006                                            cc
             10:46 AM
                                                              Subject
                                     RE: Logging application messages
             Please respond          to a file instead of to the
                   to                console
              "Tomcat Users
                  List"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
               pache.org>

> From: Shiby Maria John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Logging application messages to a file instead of to
> the console
>
> I have an application deployed in Tomcat 5.0 in Linux OS.
>
> I want my application messages as well as the JVM logs to log into a
> file instead of into the console.

Perhaps you should read the doc:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/logger.html

 - Chuck

THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE
PROPRIETARY
e-mail
and its attachments from all computers.