Hi Hassan

Yes, thanks for sharing this point: not particularly onerous.

And I would have to say that the original mechanism I used
just for  www.mydomain.net  was not too much of a problem
other that the javascript URL args (which will not in browser expand
relative paths to include the scheme:domain/context portion), so
it had to be forced if I wanted javascript function for onclick instead of
<A HREF=...

But things got more difficult when I wanted to add my other development
hosts and also support both the http and https for all of these.

However, my solution seems to work at this time, but it is non-obvious,
and undoubtedly, not the only way it could be done.  Note that I had also
tried mod_rewrite, and that worked easily for the www.mydomain.net
but not for the https://devel.mydomain.net, etc.

All of which points to the need for a better solution to fronting tomcat,
if required.

For this, I am also now considering fronting both tomcat and apache
with pound.
Unbelieveable, the lengths I will go to get what I want...

Maurice