Hello,

  This is a new post, and I am a newbie (at least to Apache Tomcat on
Windows).

I went to the Apache.org website and downloaded and installed the
Windows executable under Core distributions, i.e.,

Core: a.. zip (pgp, md5) b.. tar.gz (pgp, md5) c.. Windows Executable (pgp, md5) The install went fine, but when I try to start Apache Tomcat, it just
gives me the standard error message, "unable to connect."

This happens even after I start the Apache service known as
"Configure Tomcat" within the Apache Tomcat folder (or directory).

I'm guessing I need to install one or two other important files or apps,
as well as do some configuring, similar to setting JAVA_HOME, and
executing (./ in Unix) the startup file (or .bat) in Windows.

Any information is appreciated.  Thanks.

fjm