> From: Kor Kiley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Switching default index page from xml to xql
>
> The default eXist welcome page is index.xml.  The media
> librarian working on the project has created an index.xql
> which she would like to be the welcome page.  The page
> itself works fine but we don't know how to make it execute,
> by default, instead of an index.xml or index.jsp, etc.

What mechanism is used to render XQL into something visible?  Is there a
servlet that has to be run inside Tomcat (analogous to the JSP servlet
which turns .jsp files into servlets and runs them to generate html), or
is there some application on the client end that receives XQL and does
something with it?  If it's the former, you'll need servlet mapping in
your web.xml to direct the request to the proper handler; if the latter,
you'll need to add mime mapping to your web.xml to let the client know
what to do with the data stream.

When you say "the page itself works fine" what do you mean?  What are
you doing to exercise it?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.