Riz,

> When I perform a thread dump I am seeing some threads are locked on a
> socketRead0 (like http-443-Processor49 in the dump below).

Let's take a look:

> "http-443-Processor49" daemon prio=1 tid=0xb208fe80 nid=0x40c5 runnable
> [0x06fdd000..0x06fddf40]
>        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
>        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)

What's wrong with that? Your thread is runnable (good), and it's reading
data from an InputStream. Lots of the time, your request processor
threads will be reading from sockets because they are accepting request
information from the client. Several of your threads are in this state.

> Can someone PLEASE help me understand what this means? Also, if you can
> see any other threads that seem to be a threat, please feel free to let
> me know...

I don't see any "threatening"-looking threads in there at all.

> "http-443-Processor50" daemon prio=1 tid=0xb2090c40 nid=0x40c6 in
> Object.wait() [0x0705e000..0x0705efc0]
>        at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>        - waiting on <0x54f20ee8> (a
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable)

Note that this request processor is blocking, waiting for a request to
come in in order to be handled. This thread is basically idle. Many of
your threads are in this state.

Are you posting this question in response to any kind of observed
problem, or are you just freaking out at the number of threads that are
running in your JVM?

-chris